Dr James Adams
Lecturer, Department of Physics, University of Surrey.
I'm interested in hearing from students wanting to work with me for a
PhD in the general area of the mechanical properties of soft matter
Some more details of PhD projects are available here.
Details of PhD studentships available across the Physics department at Surrey are detailed on the Departmental website here, as are details of how to apply.
- 2013 June Visiting Fellow of Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, University of Cambridge, and Fitzwilliam College Cambridge.
- 2009-present Lecturer and SEPnet Fellow, Department of Physics, University of Surrey.
- 2005-2008 Junior Research Fellow, Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge.
- 2005-2007 Research Fellowship, Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851
- 2002-2005 PhD Theory of Condensed Matter, University of Cambridge.
- 1998-2002 Natural Sciences B.A., M.Sci., University of Cambridge.
Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
University of Surrey
Tel: +44 1483 68 2723 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org